Sunday, June 28, 2009

Apparently Michael Jackson's death is the biggest news story since Obama so I'll put in my Jackson story. I had never understood the whole hype surrounding Michael Jackson because all I ever knew of him was t his creepy white man that simply did not look human. And then I read a Bill Simmons article that directed me to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzRCf5OtFBU It's from a 1983 Motown special and is the occasion in which he first busted out the Moonwalk. I didn't know what the Moonwalk was when I watched it but I instantly realized what it was when it came out, it was stunning. That 5 minute youtube clip changed my life a little bit. I realized how great an entertainer Jackson actually was - so great that it kept people mesmerized even after he went to trial over child molestation charges, had 20 plastic surgeries, changed colors, and dangled a baby outside a hotel in Berlin (been there :) ).

In other news, I had a pretty uneventful week of bad weather followed by a pretty solid weekend of questionable but successful ultimate throws, a good Kung Fu movie and a touristy Sunday exploring downtown in the waterfront. I'll try to blog about this tomorrow because I really want to write about tourism in one's home country, and then maybe I'll get around to talking about work too. I gotta sleep again now though cause I never blog in the mornings or afternoons.

No comments: