Tuesday, November 4, 2008

POL: Live from the election

It's 12:21am here in Dublin as I sit here watching SkyNews and listen to British people talking about our election. They're calling it 8-3 right now in McCain's favor, with Kentucky gone red and Vermont stamped blue. Stay in touch as I'll be editing this all night.

12:31: It's 7:30ET and polls should be wrapped up most states there. West Virginia has been called for McCain, so it's 13-3, but Obama has a sizable lead in Florida which is very promising. The correspondent from Washington D.C. has a giant, McCain-esque chin.

12:40: Apparently the polls close at 8ET. Right now SkyNews is showing a Brit interviewing a black McCain supporter

3:03: Yeah I took a break. Ohio and Iowa have been called for Obama, so I'm going to go ahead and call the election for OBAMA. Bababababababababamaaaaaaa. I had envisioned this live blogging being more exciting and informative, but the UK feed coupled with a poker game really dampened those hopes. But hope is still alive, cause change is in the air.

The Next Day: So I was awake at 4am when the election was called for Obama. It was a really exciting time, although it would have been much more exciting obviously if I was in Georgetown, where a bunch of people ran to the White House ala the time we beat UNC. I slept in until 2pm today and basically did nothing all day, skipping all my classes. Hey, every so often you need a mental health day like this.

No comments: