Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's upcoming?

I've been doing a poor job on the blog and really haven't tried to advertise it, so at this point I think just DJ reads this, if that. But I have some good posts coming up before the year ends. This past weekend I visited my friend Dan at Edinburgh, Scotland which was really nice and I hope to summarize that one this week. I should probably have another one after my travels to Berlin, Prague and Krakow in the first week of December, and then maybe a last one about Dublin before I leave it on December 21st.

When I go home, I hope to make 3 posts summarizing the 2008 year. The first will be a sort of numbers-at-a-glance assessment of the year, including among many other esoteric figures, a count up of how many nights I spent in various cities, a count of how many UN World Heritage sites I visited (I'm excited to find out), a count of how many languages I said "thank you" in, and a quick recap of the most outrageous and odd things I've done and whatever other goofy stories I've encountered on my travels. This might include a list of the most absurd characters I've met, which is quite a list. The second will be a sort of guide on how to study or live abroad. The third will be a sort of essay on my experiences related to various relevant issues, such as globalization and cultural differences. I'm really going to tie in what I've actually studied, namely Cross-Cultural Communications, a linguistics class I took last year, Geography of Europe and World Englishes, both of which I'm taking now.

2 comments:

DJ said...

What up.

Anonymous said...

=/ Well, it's good to know your alive. Thank you for telling us all the things you are GOING to talk about (but have yet to talk about) in your upcoming posts... o_O :) Safe travels!