Saturday, May 29, 2010

Raging in Beijing: Round 2

So I'm off to Beijing again for the summer in eight hours or so. This is kind of noteworthy as a) I'm going to be there for almost 10 weeks b) Blogspot is banned in China c) I have no idea what I'm doing at all there and d) Beijing is where this blog began.

This experience should be very different than my first time when I came as a wide-eyed 19 year old, although in many ways its not. I still don't speak fluent Mandarin, I'm still in the same part of town, I'm there for just about the same time period, and the Celtics are back in the NBA finals.

I don't have much time cause I really need to get to sleep, hence all the placekeeping posts I just made, but basically I'm excited to go back to Beijing. After the nostalgia of returning to places not seen in 2 years wears off, I hope to have a more complete experience in Beijing. I hope to see many more places in the city, learn so much more about actual Chinese culture and essentially live there like I would any where else. The language need not be a barrier. The food, the smog, the crowds, I'm going to soak them all in.

I say this now.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Cal!