Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Senior Week

So I was completely done with undergraduate coursework, 4 days away from graduating and anticipating a full week of planned debauchery that is Senior Week.  Thursday night at McFaddens was one of the best nights of the year and somehow I still managed to graduate with honors. So basically life was perfect.

And then somehow I found myself with mono, strep throat and a stye in my right eye that prevented me from wearing contacts. I was forbidden from consuming alcohol or engaging in physical exertion, and given an odd ointment for my eye.  Senior week became a drowsy, sober, and glasses-donning ordeal that really wasn't much to write home about. Really, my ill health could know no worse timing - the sheer amount of fun I missed out on could probably fill books.  My mono affliction also came with typical jokes, along the lines of "was it worth it?" although I most likely contracted mono from sharing cups or something equally mundane.

I did finally manage to publish the Crossword anthology, which was a lot of fun and came out really well. It's called "Georgetown Without a Clue" and I guess I'm still selling them for $9, but you have to find me.  I'm also on a new MacBook Pro, which my parents overgenerously gave me for graduation, and it is absolutely amazing. Since my last computer was about a cubic meter in volume with a battery life of 50 minutes, I'm basically ecstatic to have a computer about an inch thin with a 6 hour battery.

On Sunday I head back to Beijing, the birthplace of this blog. I still remember when I first arrived in that city 2 years ago, and was so flooded with new thoughts, impressions and emotions that I just had to write them down and so this site began. And it's kinda still going, so I'm happy about that.  But first I'd like to reflect on college in the next few posts and try to explain how Georgetown affected me in all different aspects.

No comments: