Friday, August 8, 2008

CUL: We are ready

I'm in a rush here because I'm about to head out to watch the opening ceremonies. Really quickly, go to Youtube and watch the Beijing theme song "We Are Ready" sung by like 1000 different Chinese artists. Its catchy and nice, but here's what I read out of it: Hi I'm Beijing. Lots of people said I couldn't host the Olympics but guess what? I'm ready. Take that.
Instead the song should celebrate how awesome Beijing and the Olympics are, because they're both awesome. Whatever.

Ok so today is 08/08/08, one of the most celebrated days in recent memory. I think its on par or higher than 5/19/99 (Star Wars Episode 1, kind of a letdown), 1/1/00 (definitely a letdown, stupid Y2K), 7/21/07 (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, well worth the wait) and 7/22/88 (me, jury's still out). I've been scrambling around all day taking the subway to meet people for tickets, got them now, took a picture which I'll upload later, and yeah I gotta head out cause this shit should be off the hook.

No comments: